Sunday, April 18, 2010

"We are GHANA have fun!"


Ghana- where you sweat from pores you didn’t know you had. I love Ghana though, end of story. Never did I think that I could be in a place so close to the equator and leave wanting to ever go back. This has definitely been one of the hardest ports to leave because it was just such an incredible experience, I met some amazing people and did some amazing things. Because I am swamped with everything in my life right now, I will just give a recap and HOPE that I have time to blog a full blog about my time before getting to Brazil in a few days. So, here we go….
Day 1: Traveled from the port to the main city of Accra about an hour away, walked around a market there for a while, met some incredible people, met up with friends for dinner and drinks
Day 2: Went to a children’s home in Accra through SAS, traveled to a beach area where we would spend the night, got to eat dinner in a village and hang out with Rastafarians at night
Day 3: Spent time at the beach, went out in Tema (port city) at night
Day 4: Went to the Accra Psychiatric Hospital
It was probably the place where I did the least when I lay it out like this but where I got a lot out of each thing that I did. More to come soon hopefully...

No comments:

Post a Comment