Muraho!
I apologize for not writing anything sooner but things have been very very busy here and any free time that I have I fall right asleep. Our days start anywhere between 6 and 7 and don't end until 10 or 11 so for those of you that know how much I like my sleep you know that this is hard for me. Rwanda has been absolutely incredible so far. The Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village is a truly incredible place that is doing so many amazing things for the orphans here. We have been working on a service project creating a sunken garden and chess tables and chairs made out of stone. It has been a lot of hard work for someone as incredibly out of shape as me but we get to work with the Rwandans so thats really exciting and fun.
Some other fun facts: the temperature isn't as hot as I was expecting.
I've been loving every second of being with the Rwandans.
We got to go into Rubona which is the town down the street and I got to go to the school and see some of more typical Rwandan life. It was incredible.
I am really not very good at basketball but we got a lot of laughs out of playing.
The electricity goes out very often and the water with it but for the most part we have been having running water.
We sleep in mosquito nets. There are spiders everywhere.
There are lots of bugs in general that I have never seen before. Lizards too.
The meals are delicious for the most part although I have been popping tums. It's typically beans potatoes and rice.
I have talked about SAS more than I ever have. And its hard not to compare everything to it.
Follow our twitter UWdoesRwanda the blog address is also on the twitter info.
I will try to write in more detail after getting back!
Sawa sawa!
I apologize for not writing anything sooner but things have been very very busy here and any free time that I have I fall right asleep. Our days start anywhere between 6 and 7 and don't end until 10 or 11 so for those of you that know how much I like my sleep you know that this is hard for me. Rwanda has been absolutely incredible so far. The Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village is a truly incredible place that is doing so many amazing things for the orphans here. We have been working on a service project creating a sunken garden and chess tables and chairs made out of stone. It has been a lot of hard work for someone as incredibly out of shape as me but we get to work with the Rwandans so thats really exciting and fun.
Some other fun facts: the temperature isn't as hot as I was expecting.
I've been loving every second of being with the Rwandans.
We got to go into Rubona which is the town down the street and I got to go to the school and see some of more typical Rwandan life. It was incredible.
I am really not very good at basketball but we got a lot of laughs out of playing.
The electricity goes out very often and the water with it but for the most part we have been having running water.
We sleep in mosquito nets. There are spiders everywhere.
There are lots of bugs in general that I have never seen before. Lizards too.
The meals are delicious for the most part although I have been popping tums. It's typically beans potatoes and rice.
I have talked about SAS more than I ever have. And its hard not to compare everything to it.
Follow our twitter UWdoesRwanda the blog address is also on the twitter info.
I will try to write in more detail after getting back!
Sawa sawa!
No comments:
Post a Comment