Tuesday, December 1, 2009

“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu

In less than 2 months, I will be traveling around the world on Semester at Sea. For those that don't know, it is a former cruise ship that was converted into what is basically a floating campus. There are classrooms, a "union," a library, computer lab, etc. I take classes while the ship is traveling between countries, and get to travel within the countries that we stop at. There are about 700 students on the ship, as well as professors and lifelong learners.


Classes:
Global Studies
Contemporary Moral Issues (a philosophy class)
Global Mental Health
Small Team and Group Communication


Ports:
San Diego, California, USA
Ensenada, Mexico
Hilo, Hawai'i, USA
Honolulu, Hawai'i, USA
Yokohoma, Japan
Kobe, Japan
Shanghai, China
Hong Kong, China
Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
[Angkorwat, Cambodia]
Chennai, India
Cochin, India
Port Louis, Mauritius
Cape Town, South Africa
Tema (Accra), Ghana
Salvador, Brazil
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA



Right now, I am in the process of selecting my field programs, which are the trips and service projects that I will do through semester at sea. On the side, I am talking to people about independent trips which will most likely make up the majority of my traveling within countries.


Days until I leave: 46

No comments:

Post a Comment