The second day in Hilo, I woke up exhausted and got ready for my trip to Volcanoes National Park. The ride to the park was really long, and we had basically done it the night before. At the park, we got to see a few craters from the volcanoes, and a lava tube. The “lava tube” was the coolest part of the trip, because it was this hollowed out tunnel created by a flow of lava. Basically, the morning was a good photo op. After the trip, I grabbed my computer and went to go find lunch with my friends. We ended up taking the free Hilo shuttle and it took FOREVER, and there were a bunch of really really rude locals on it. It was shocking to hear some obnoxious locals given how unbelievably nice and friendly everyone was up until that point. But they were young, so who knows what the generational difference does.
After lunch we headed back to a market by the port, where there was free wifi, and EVERYONE was camped out outside trying to use it. I tried to skype with Amy, but we couldn’t get it to work so that was unfortunate. Finally, we walked back to the ship a little after 4, to learn that the most intense screening and searching was done at the end of the last day at port.
The second day of Hilo was, clearly, not the most fascinating and I don’t have much to say. However, I really enjoyed the city and would love to go back there someday to see everything that I didn’t have the chance to see.
Onward to Honolulu…
p.s. 9 months until I am 21
No comments:
Post a Comment