
Hello from San Diego! It has been a long, long day. It is currently 1:30 here, 4:30 am at home, so I am thoroughly exhausted. My flight was long and interesting--they had the seatbelt sign on 90% of the time due to "turbulence" and even stopped the drink and food service because they were expecting it to be so bad. However, no turbulence ever occured, and I sat impatiently in my seat like a good little passenger waiting for the sign to turn off to go to the bathroom... for over an hour. I really had to pee. Then, I arrived at the airport in San Diego, frolicked over to baggage claim excited to be in warm weather, and then remembered that I had to deal with carrying two extremely large suitcases and my carry on to find the shuttle to the hotel. I waited for the shuttle for about 45 minutes with two other SASers even though it was supposed to be coming every 20 minutes. I finally arrived at the hotel at 9:45, over an hour after my flight landed. Then I waited 20 minutes to be checked-in to the hotel because the two people in front of me were having problems and arguing with the people helping them. I ran into one of the girls that I know from school and met her friend, they were going to sleep. So finally, I got to my room after 10, put my stuff down and started to wander around the hotel looking for a group of sasers that were supposed to be at the hotel bar. Eventually I went on facebook, got the number of one of the people who had posted about a meet-up at the hotel, and he told me that they were outside. So about an hour and a half later, I am back in my room. I met a lot of nice, friendly people, for the most part when I first got outside people were really friendly but I guess I was there way after other people and they were kind of splitting off into circles not long after I arrived... so I stayed with the same few people the rest of the night, but that was fine. Don't know what my plans are for tomorrow yet, seems that people find the zoo too expensive, or don't know what they are doing, so I will figure it out. I plan on having a nice complimentary breakfast due to my platinum sheraton membership number that my dad has and get access to the club floor or something of that sort. Sooo so far, so good. Met a LOT of new yorkers tonight, much different than the midwest group I am used to haha. Well, thats all for now! If I can update tomorrow, I will... otherwise next stop: Ensenada, Mexico-- embarkation day!!
p.s. I would like to give a shout out to my cousin Rachel for passing her road test! YAY Ray!!

view from my room
No comments:
Post a Comment